I just logged onto my Facebook page and received this lovely message -from Jane Glenholmes of Groovy Pumpkin; Hello, I've got something on my Blog for you to pick up - please come and visit: http://groovypumpkin.blogspot.com/2010/05/kreativ-blogger-award.html.
Of course I went right away! Jane has awarded me the Kreativ Blogger award!! There are rules to accepting this award, but they are pretty simple. I just need to type 7 things that you may not know about me, then pick 7 people to pass the award on to, so here are the Blogs I'm passing this fabulous Award to, in no particular order:
Debs Designs - http://debsdesigns401.blogspot.com/
LA Glass - http://laglass.blogspot.com/
Dean Designs - http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com/
Waterwaif - http://waterwaif.blogspot.com/
Temporary Insanity - http://temporaryinsanity-terriehall.blogspot.com/
Made for Me by Oaklie - http://madeformebyoaklie.blogspot.com/
Luna Essence - http://lunaessence.blogspot.com/
I read and enjoy each one of these and hope you will, too. Check them all out!!
Seven things you may not know about me...that may be a little harder to do...
- Although I'm pushing at 60 (a little too hard) I used to be a bona fide hippie. Back in the late 60s & 70s I lived a very loose lifestyle and truly enjoyed living that free life.
- My husband & I, with my friend & partner Annie, are opening up a brick & mortar store!! We will be selling fine art and handcrafted items made by local artisans! We hope to open in mid-June...I'll keep you posted.
- I love to read. In my previous home I had a library. When we moved into this home there was no room, so I donated 40 cartons of books to the public library! I read fiction. My two favorite novels of all time are The Stand by Stephen King, and Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. I don't really read "good" books, I love mysteries, thrillers and a real good "girl" book. Book suggestion - Still Alice, about a Harvard professor who gets early onset Alzheimer's. It's told in her perspective and it will break your heart.
- I do crossword puzzles whenever I get the chance. I'm OK at them, not great, but good enough to enjoy the challenge.
- I thought I'd never be on Facebook! I couldn't imagine that I would have any reason to! Imagine...and now I have over 100 friends, over 300 fans (likes) and I even Tweet!
- I got a tattoo when I was 56! My first one. It's a crescent moon with golden stars tumbling from it.
- I would rather hang out with my husband than do almost anything else!!
Many thanks, again, to Jane from Groovy Pumpkin for this honor!